Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Confidence and Baseball

"Some players put pressure on themselves. I put pressure on the pitcher."
- Mark Texeria


I've got to tell you I love this philosiphy. "Tex" hits it right on the screws with this thought.

I've written before about developing confidence as a baseball player. For those player who are more serious about the game it comes from hard work and a defined program to develop skills.

It's great to play the game as a casual player too. However as kids get older the casual player must take BP on a regular basis to have continued success at the plate.

If you've done the things you need to do to be confident at plate I recommend committing Mark Texeria's words to memory and saying them before every at bat, or every pitch even. You will be one step ahead of winning the battle at the plate.

Coach Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I visited your blog through blog and found it to be really informative.

Keep up the fantastic work....

Good going.....

Thanks for your Extremely good efforts.


Yout Baseball Drills